Cooler weather in New England means putting on your coziest sweater, gathering with loved ones, and warming up with some of your favorite fall comfort foods.
Now, what would you say if we told you that at Awaken180˚, you could modify some of your favorite fall recipes and still lose weight? There are so many easy—and tasty!—ways you can add veggies to your plate while still enjoying them. Make your meal plan fun and exciting by switching up the way your veggies are made and consumed!
Adding roasted veggies as a side dish is a great way to add both flavor and nutrients to your diet. They are delicious and so easy to prepare. Sometimes the simplest recipes yield the most delectable food. You can roast your veggies however you would like, but here is a simple recipe to get you started.
- 1 red onion roughly diced
- 1 red pepper roughly diced
- ½ lb fresh broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 yellow squash cut into slices
- 1 zucchini squash cut into slices
- 1 small eggplant cut into slices
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Chop vegetables, place in a large bowl, and mix to combine.
- Add olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper, and stir until veggies are evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 400˚F for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm. Enjoy!
Vegetable soup is a hearty, filling, and nutritious way to warm up on those cold fall evenings. This favorite fall comfort food is a flavor-packed meal that will leave you full and satisfied. Plus, vegetable soup can be so versatile. We highly encourage adding those forgotten veggies before they go bad. Do you have some wilting spinach in the fridge? Add it to the soup! Some forgotten celery? Toss it in the soup! Follow this easy-to-make soup recipe for
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 stocks of celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 ½ cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut
- 8 cups of Nature’s Promise Broth
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large stock pot over medium, and heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the onions, celery, and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cauliflower, green beans, Nature’s Promise broth, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the spinach to the pot. Stir well and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, and spices, if needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Sitting on the couch with a warm blanket and watching a cheesy romantic comedy is one of our favorite activities in the fall. And one thing that goes well with watching a movie is munching on a salty snack. Spoiler alert: losing weight shouldn’t stop you from enjoying the things you love to do. At Awaken180˚, we are here to help you adapt to this new lifestyle of healthy living so you can still have fun and lose weight simultaneously. Snack on this low-prep low-carb tasty treat, anytime or anywhere!
- Bag of spinach (use half at a time)
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Sea salt to taste
- For added flavor, you can add garlic powder, onion powder, or chili powder (optional)
- Spread out the raw spinach leaves in your air fryer basket. They do not need to be in a single layer, they will still crisp up, just don’t make the layers of leaves too thick.
- Lightly spray your spinach with oil (less is more).
- Lightly season with salt and optional spices.
- Cook at 300˚F for 10 minutes.
- Once completed and cooked to your liking. Enjoy!
There are so many ways to incorporate veggies into your favorite fall dishes. Try out these recipes or go onto the client portal for more ideas! Because we recommend you eat a lot of veggies on the program, it is very important to us that you enjoy them in various ways.
Want to share your creations? Post your favorite healthy fall recipes in our Facebook Group: Awaken180˚ Weightloss Group | Facebook!